Tigers 7, White Sox 3 (box score)
- Pitching around one of this season’s best hitting catchers to face a guy hitting .199 is a sound decision. Ryan Raburn made Ozzie Guillen pay for that decision in a big way with his fourth inning grand slam. Please let this be the return of Summer Raburn!
- Al Alburquerque is legit. Benoit is back.
- Don Kelly proved that the Tigers have two very good options at third base defensively and two very bad options offensively.
- Tigers pitcher struck out Adam Dunn three more times today, that makes for seven this series. Victor Martinez > Adam Dunn.
- The Tigers are starting to build a 2011 track record of doing what kept them out of the playoffs in recent years – competency away from Comerica Park and winning inside the division.
- The Indians spent the weekend at home and got swept while the Tigers took a weekend series in Chicago. Borat said it best, “I like”.