Tigers 13, Rangers 7 (box)
- Texas starter Colby Lewis couldn’t get anyone out; he was pulled after surrendering 9 earned runs in only 3.1 innings. Baseball’s never over until it’s over, and Texas certainly put their fair share of runs on the board, but this was too much for the potent Rangers offense to overcome.
- Brennan Boesch is on some kind of tear right now. In his last four games, he’s collected ten hits (four for extra bases). His OPS has jumped 92 points, from .695 to .787.
- I’m not interested in watching Max Scherzer give up any more home runs any time soon. The home run has been a problem for him this year; he needs to correct this.
- It was nice to see the Tigers put 13 runs on the board using “only” 18 hits. The four home runs (three with a man on base) helped to make sure that hits weren’t wasted. Brennan Boesch took Lewis deep in each of his first two plate appearances; Andy Dirks and Alex Avila mashed homers as well.
- The Indians lost (again), so the Tigers pull to within 1.5 games of the division lead. They also stand one game behind Boston in the Wild Card chase.