The FanSided Network – this site’s parent company and the fastest growing independent sports network on the Internet – is looking to add to our staff here at Motor City Bengals. Ideal candidates will have a deep working knowledge of the Detroit Tigers, the desire to help cover the goings on with the team, and a passion for baseball writing. Some experience certainly helps, but isn’t required. At this time we’re specifically looking for a writer who can contribute on the weekends (see below for more specific details).
This is a non-paid position, but we are capable of offering some great opportunities for exposure and a chance to build your personal portfolio and resume. There are a host of other non-monetary benefits to joining our team and this network:
- FanSided’s custom site design
- Complete technical support
- Programs to help coach and educate our writers
- A growing community of talent baseball writers
- A network-wide preference to promote from within
- SEO experience
- Your content linked to from the network’s 200+ sites
Anyone interested in applying for our open position or curious to know more about the expectations asked of our writers, please complete our online application. We’ll be in touch from there.
Some of the specific expectations of the open position are as follows:
Staff Writer — Weekend coverage
- The ability to watch and recap weekend games
- Light coverage of occasional breaking weekend news
- Help promote the site and drive traffic
Those interested in writing beyond just the weekend are absolutely welcome, as we’re always looking for additional members of the staff to help cover and respond to news right away. Our Staff Writers are also free to continue writing elsewhere, if they so choose to, but it should be noted that we do ask that anything published on our sites remain exclusive (i.e. we don’t permit dual posting).
CLICK HERE to complete an application (including a sample game recap with your submission would be helpful).