Detroit Tigers (58-47) vs Colorado Rockies (44-64) — 7:08 p.m. ET
Comerica Park — Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 78 degrees, slight chance of storms
- The Detroit Tigers are still basking in the afterglow of landing prized trade deadline target David Price from the Tampa Bay Rays. Gone is Drew Smyly (to Tampa Bay) and Austin Jackson (to Seattle). It will be odd not to see AJax in center, although Price will be in the house but will not pitch (he last pitched on Wednesday for the Rays).
- Detroit is looking to snap out of their second-half doldrums which has seen them go 4-7 since the break and finally get going at home, where they are sitting only at .500.
- The Rockies are a dreadful 17-36 on the road this season
When We Last Met
In June 2012, the Tigers took two of three from the Rockies at Coors Field. The teams last met at Comerica Park in June 2011 with Colorado winning two of three in that series.
Justin Verlander (9-9, 4.79) will be looking for his 25th win in interleague games, and 13th straight victory against an NL foe, when he faces Colorado on Friday night. Verlander pitched fairly well his last time out, allowing three runs on six hits in seven innings of a 4-0 loss to the Angels last Saturday. Franklin Morales (5-5, 5.18) spent the first half of the season in the Rockies’ bullpen, but will be starting his fifth straight game for the beleaguered club. He was solid in his last outing, but lasted just four innings in the 7-5 loss to the Pirates, receiving a no-decision. Detroit
Tigers Lineup 1. Rajai Davis – CF 2. Ian Kinsler – 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera – 1B 4. Victor Martinez – DH 5. Torii Hunter – RF 6. J. D. Martinez – LF 7. Nick Castellanos – 3B 8. Bryan Holaday – C 9. Eugenio Suarez – SS
- Luke Putkonen - Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks - Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan - 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias - Out for season
- Bruce Rondon - Out for season