Detroit Tigers (59-47) vs Colorado Rockies (44-65) — 7:08 p.m. ET
Comerica Park — Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 76 degrees, slight chance of storms
- David Price is slated to arrive and be in the dugout tonight, but not pitch, as the Detroit Tigers take on the Colorado Rockies, looking to win two-straight games for just the second time in the second-half.
- Tonight is ¡Fiesta Tigres! and the Tigres (save your grief spell check police) will continue to honor Pudge Rodriguez and celebrate the contributions of Hispanic and Latino players to the games of baseball, and the Detroit ballclub.
When We Last Met
At this point, the Tigers might try to petition baseball so they may move to the National League as Justin Verlander was dominant like we have not seen in a while in the 4-2 win over Colorado on Friday night. J.V. went eight strong innings, allowing just two runs, and won his 14th straight against NL foes to raise his interleague record to an astonishing 25-2.
Rick Porcello (12-5, 3.24) was one of a trio of Detroit starters that pitched very well last weekend in Anaheim but received no offensive support. Rick allowed just one unearned run on seven innings of five-hit ball. With a win tonight, Porcello will join teammate Max Scherzer with an AL-best 13 wins.
Tyler Matzek (2-5, 4.39) will get the nod for Colorado tonight. The left handed rookie made his major league debut on June 11 and has held his own recently. In his last start, a week ago against the Pirates, he threw a three-hit shutout through seven innings. He has appeared in relief since then, allowing an earned run in 2/3 of an inning on Tuesday against the Cubs, picking up the loss.
- Rajai Davis-CF
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Miguel Cabrera-1B
- Victor Martinez-DH
- Torii Hunter-RF
- J.D. Martinez-LF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Alex Avila-C
- Eugenio Suarez-SS
- Luke Putkonen - Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks - Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan - 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias - Out for season
- Bruce Rondon - Out for season