Jul 2, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Pittsburgh Pirates Andrew McCutchen (22) and Starling Marte (6) congratulate each other after scoring in the ninth inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Yes, the Pirates.
Pittsburgh has the third best win percentage in the entire MLB. In fact, they would be leading their division if they were anywhere but the NL Central.
After bursting on to the postseason scene a couple seasons ago, the Bucs have been quite lackluster in October, but things are looking different this year. The team has one of the best pitching staffs in the league, but who’s to say they can’t make it even better.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Prospect Colt Keith is making up for lost time in AFL
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
Pitching wins championships. Plain and simple. Pittsburgh has one of the more complete teams in the National League, and they could make one of their strengths even stronger in acquiring Price. And let’s not forget that stellar offense
Rarely does the club ever make in splash in anything, whether that be free agency or the trade deadline. But with their best team in over 20 years, things are going to change. This team is in win-now mode, and Price will certainly help them “win now.”