After a day full of action, It seems that things have slowed down on the Tiger Front. Searches for a closer seem to be at full force, though. Also a bit of intrigue on who will fill in as the backup catcher is swirling. Here are some Tiger Bites from around the Tigersphere (Sorry, final exam tonight, then I am back on track with more thoughtful posts.
- DTW has a new live video post up on reactions of what happened yesterday. Some good info provided.
- Bless You Boys notes that those darn Indians could of swept our choice closer from underneath us
- Jon Paul Morosi notes in the Free Press that the Mariners and Tigers are talking trade. The Tigers are targeting J.J. Putz, a Trenton native and U of M grad to take over the closers role. Jack Z. and Seattle management believe they can get three players in a deal. Morosi believes that Jeff Larish and Matt Joyce could be two of those three players. It would be interesting to see this trade fall through. Putz struggled to start last season, and saw various stints on the D.L.
- DesigNate Robertson compares Derek Jeter and Alan Trammell in relation to the Hall of Fame. Pretty good information. I think we all find ourselves rooting for him at this time of the year. I even see myself rooting for the Cubbies.
- Blake over at Spot Starters wonders if K-Rod close to signing is good for the Tigers. Blake also started his top 100 list of all time Tigers. have to say, I love Matt Nokes.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned for more news. I might go bezerk with my finals being over.