Rapid Reactions: Red Sox Take Season Series Over Tigers
Red Sox 6, Tigers 3 (box)
- Not a good start by Rick Porcello, but he’s been good recently (up until tonight), so I’m willing to give him a pass for now. Pitchers have bad nights against Boston every now and then.
- Another fantastic relief appearance by Charlie Furbush. Five innings, six strikeouts, and zero runs allowed. It’s nice to see the great long relief outings by guys like Furbush and Wilk, but I’m getting sick of needing them.
- Two thumbs up to the MLB At-bat ’11 app. Zac and I were able to listen to the ballgame as we drove across Illinois (nice area) on our way to Minneapolis.
- Jim Price was out of action for a bit of the broadcast as technical difficulties forced Dan Dickerson to call the game by himself via cell phone for a couple of innings.
- Cabrera, Martinez, and Peralta provided all of the offense. The Tigers need about six others to step up their game if they want to continue to remain competitive in the Central.
- It’s discouraging to start the year 0-4 versus the Red Sox to begin the season series. If the Tigers are going to be the type of team that we want them to be, they’ll have to be able to beat teams like Boston.
Like what you see here and want to stay informed on the happenings at MCB? Make sure to follow me on Twitter, friend us on Facebook, or grab our RSS feed.