Scores, news, and notes around the Detroit Tigers farm system for August 21, 2018. Including Daniel Norris posting a rehab start with Triple-A Toledo.
Detroit Tigers Minor League Review 8-26
- Toledo beat Columbus 3-2. Box Score
- Erie lost to Bowie 1-4. Box Score
- Lakeland lost to Florida 3-4. Box Score
- West Michigan lost to Great Lakes 4-2. Box Score
- Connecticut beat Lowell 11-3. Box Score
- GCL Tigers West beat GCL Red Sox 3-2. Box Score
Detroit Tigers Minor League Preview 8-27.
- Toledo is taking on Columbus. Game start is scheduled for 6:35 PM. Probable pitchers are COL: Wilk (5-8, 3.93) TOL: Alexander (3-6, 5.00).
- Erie is taking on Harrisburg. Game start is scheduled for 6:30 PM. Probable pitchers are ERI: Turnbull (4-7, 4.47) HBG: Long (4-8, 3.75).
- Lakeland is taking on St. Lucie. Game start is scheduled for 5:00 PM. Probable pitchers are STL: Kay (3-6, 4.04) LAK: Idrogo (4-3, 4.50).
- Lakeland is also taking on St. Lucie in a second game. That is a makeup of the 6/24 PPD.
- West Michigan is taking on Great Lakes. Game start is scheduled for 7:00 PM. Probable pitchers are GL: TBD WM: Rodriguez (5-7, 4.74.
- Connecticut is taking on Lowell. Game start is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
- The GCL Tigers West is taking on the GCL Cardinals. Game start is scheduled for 12:00 PM.
Detroit Tigers Minor League News.
Tigers pitcher Daniel Norris posted a rehab outing yesterday with Triple-A Toledo. Norris started out strong as he retired the first seven batters he faced. However, Columbus started scoring in the third. Chad Huffman would provide the winning home run as the Mudhens were victorious 3-2.
September is right around the corner. In baseball that generally means September call-ups. Especially for teams that are rebuilding-like the Tigers. It gives prospects a taste of the big leagues and lets the teams continue to rebuild.
For the Tigers, second baseman Dawel Lugo has had a hot summer in August. This gives him a strong case for a September call-up writes Lynn Henning of the Detroit News. While the big leagues won’t be in the fall classic this season, there’s one minor league team that will be. The Tigers Gulf Coast League Team has played its way to the GCL Championship.