Scores, news, and notes around the Detroit Tigers farm system for September 2, 2018. Including the Connecticut Tigers trying to rally late and falling short.
Detroit Tigers Minor League Review 9-2
- Toledo beat Columbus 10-5. Box Score
- Erie beat Akron 7-6. Box Score
- Lakeland beat Palm Beach 2-0. Box Score
- West Michigan beat Fort Wayne 2-1. Box Score
- Connecticut lost to Lowell 6-4. Box Score
Detroit Tigers Minor League Preview 9-3
- Toledo is taking on Columbus. Game start is scheduled to start at 2:05 PM. Probable pitchers are TOL: Saupold (3-1, 4.38) COL: Merritt (2-3, 4.13)
- Erie is taking on Akron. Game start is scheduled for 1:35 PM. Probable pitchers are AKR: Anderson (0-0, -.–) ERI: Manning (0-0, 0.00)
- West Michigan is taking on Fort Wayne. Game start is scheduled for 2:00 PM. Probable pitchers are FW: Cosgrove (3-6, 3.87) WM: Rodriguez (5-7, 4.54)
- Connecticut is taking on Lowell. Game start is scheduled for 12:35 PM.
Minor League News and Notes
The Connecticut Tigers tried to make a comeback against Lowell yesterday. Down 2-0, the Tigers scored two runs but it wasn’t enough as the team fell 6-4. They’re looking for redemption today against Lowell. Over at the Athletic, there are several articles worth reading. The Athletic requires a subscription and if you don’t have one I highly recommend that you get one. It’s well worth the investment.
First, Emily Waldon breaks down the top infielding prospects (subscription required). She goes base by base as she notes that the Tigers have had difficulty developing positional prospects. Waldon also writes that you should keep an eye on Christin Stewart (subscription required). Stewart is one of four players Emily Waldon and Seth Beer think you should keep on eye on.
Finally, Eno Sarris looks at the luckiest and unluckiest pitchers in fantasy baseball (subscription required). Both Jordan Zimmerman and Matt Boyd made Sarris’ list. Anthony Fenech, of the Detroit Free Press, also has his own list of the Tigers top prospects. Lynn Henning, of the Detroit News, looks at the winners and losers from this years rebuild in the minors.