Jun 13, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; General view as Detroit Tigers left fielderJ.D. Martinez
(28) runs to first in the sixth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Tigers(35-29) vs. Minnesota Twins(32-34) – 1:08pm
Comerica Park – Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket(click for radio affiliates)
When We Last Met
The Tigers lost the first game of the series to the Twins on Friday night after an offensive collapse and another terrible outing from Joe Nathan, but bounced back yesterday afternoon. Tigers’ hitters exploded in the third inning and didn’t stop there. Anibal Sanchez pitched yet another quality start and continued his streak of not allowing more than three runs in a game all season. To keep this momentum going into today’s game on Father’s Day, and take the series from the Twins, would be a very, very good sign.
Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
Rick Porcello(8-4, 4.04 ERA) has had major struggles as of late, after a strong start in the early season. Coming off a disappointing five inning outing in Chicago where he gave up six runs(five earned) on nine hits, Porcello faces the Minnesota Twins, a team he’s been hot and cold against in the past.
Porcello has a career 3.83 ERA against Minnesota, with 112.2 innings pitched and an 8-6 record.
Mandatory Credit: Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports
Ricky Nolasco(4-5, 5.70 ERA) is coming off a loss to the Toronto Blue Jays in which he went 5.2 innings and gave up four runs and seven hits. Nolasco is facing the Tigers for the first time after spending nine seasons in the National League, most recently with the LA Dodgers.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Torii Hunter-RF
- Miguel Cabrera-1B
- Victor Martinez-DH
- J.D. Martinez-LF
- Austin Jackson-CF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Alex Avila-C
- Eugenio Suarez-SS
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season