Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Tigers(54-41) at Arizona Diamondbacks(43-56) – 3:40pm EDT
Chase Field – Phoenix, AZ
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 106 degrees, partly cloudy
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Eric Haase deserves a starting role next season
- Detroit Tigers: Peyton Graham could be sleeper pick of the 2022 draft class
- Detroit Tigers set new franchise record for ineptitude
- Detroit Tigers: Ryan Kreidler increasing his value for the long term
- Report: Detroit Tigers sending multiple top prospects to Arizona Fall League
When We Last Met
The Detroit Tigers won the first game of the series against the Diamondbacks by barely eking out a win with their shaky bullpen. They weren’t as lucky last night, with the bullpen imploding once again and the offense unable to recover and bail them out. The Tigers hope to clinch the series win this afternoon with Anibal Sanchez taking the mound for Detroit.
Anibal Sanchez(6-4, 3.22 ERA) had another rough outing, pitching six innings and giving up four runs on six hits and a walk in a loss to Cleveland. While he has struggled of late, Sanchez always has the capability to be excellent and always gives his team a chance to win.
Sanchez is 3-1 with a 3.51 ERA against the D’backs in his career, having pitched 41 innings against them when he was a Marlin.
Trevor Cahill(1-6, 5.63 ERA) pitched five innings in his last outing, giving up three runs on four hits and two walks and not earning a decision against the Chicago Cubs.
Cahill is 2-2 with a 4.15 ERA against the Tigers in his career in 30.1 innings.
- Austin Jackson-CF
- Rajai Davis-LF
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Miguel Cabrera-3B
- Victor Martinez-1B
- Don Kelly-RF
- Alex Avila-C
- Andrew Romine-SS
- Anibal Sanchez-P
- Pat McCoy — 15-day DL
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season