Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Tigers (63-50) vs Toronto Blue Jays(61-56) – 1:07 pm. ET
Rogers Centre – Toronto, Ontario
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 75 degrees, clear
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
After being removed from the game in the fifth inning, Anibal Sanchez is headed home to Detroit for an MRI on his strained pectoral muscle. Brad Ausmus stated in a post game interview that he didn’t think it would warrant a trip to the DL.
When We Last Met
The Detroit Tigers’ offense finally broke through last night when rookies Nick Castellanos and Eugenio Suarez went yard back to back in the ninth inning and gave the Tigers a 5-4 come from behind victory. Prior to that it was more of the same anemic at bats that have plagued the team since their arrival in New York.
Max Scherzer(13-4, 3.24 ERA) had a rough go in his last outing against the Yankees, taking the loss. Though Scherzer only gave up only 2 earned runs, he was saved, in multiple instances, by spectacular defense. He gave up 9 hits, and while he pitched through the 7th, he never really seemed to find his groove and looked to battle through every pitch.
Max has dominated the Blue Jays in his career, posting a 4-0 record and a 1.79 ERA.
Marcus Stroman(7-3, 3.49 ERA) gets the start for the Blue Jays, coming off a terrible start against the Astros in which he gave up 5 runs on 7 hits in only 3 innings. Stroman has never faced the Detroit Tigers in his career.
1. Rajai Davis – CF
2. Ian Kinsler – 2B
3. Miguel Cabrera – 1B
4. Victor Martinez – DH
5. Torii Hunter – RF
6. J.D. Martinez – LF
7. Nick Castellanos – 3B
8. Bryan Holaday – C
9. Eugenio Suarez – SS
- Anibal Sanchez – Out
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season