Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Tigers (63-51) vs Toronto Blue Jays(62-56) – 1:07 pm. ET
Rogers Centre – Toronto, Ontario
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 75 degrees, clear
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Joakim Soria and Anibal Sanchez were both sent to the 15-day DL prior to today’s game. Robbie Ray has been called up to start on Wednesday.
When We Last Met
The Detroit Tigers’ offense was back to being anemic and the bullpen problems reminded us that they haven’t gone away, with Joe Nathan imploding and blowing his sixth save of the season. Though Nathan didn’t notch the loss, his lack of ability to close out the game hurt the team yet again. The Tigers look to salvage a series win against the Blue Jays today.
David Price(11-8, 3.11 ERA) looks to continue his dominance in his second start for the Detroit Tigers. Though he gave up three runs in his debut, he struck out 10, but was not the pitcher of record. Price has a long history playing the Blue Jays, being a long time member of the AL East, he has completely dominated the Blue Jays in his career. Price is 15-2 with a 2.31 ERA and 15 quality starts.
Mark Buehrle(11-8, 3.27 ERA) got beat up in his last start against Baltimore, going only four innings, giving up four runs on ten hits and three walks. He was one of the more dominant pitchers of the first half of the season. Buehrle is 18-10 with a 3.49 ERA against the Detroit Tigers in his career.
1. Rajai Davis – CF
2. Ian Kinsler – 2B
3. Miguel Cabrera – 1B
4. Victor Martinez – DH
5. Torii Hunter – RF
6. J.D. Martinez – LF
7. Nick Castellanos – 3B
8. Alex Avila – C
9. Eugenio Suarez – SS
- Anibal Sanchez – 15-day DL
- Joakim Soria – 15-day DL
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season