Detroit Tigers (66-55) vs Seattle Mariners (66-56) — 1:08 p.m. ET
Comerica Park — Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit, TBS
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 73 degrees, cloudy
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
When We Last Met
David Price got the better of Felix Hernandez in his first Comerica Park start as a Detroit Tiger and picked up his first win in the Old English D on Saturday night. The Tigers won 4-2 to move back within a half game of first-place Kansas City in the AL Central and flip-flopped the Mariners back into a playoff spot.
Robbie Ray (1-2, 5.31) will get his second start of his most recent call-up on Sunday. He pitched so-so for the Tigers last Tuesday, but gave them five innings nonetheless, which was a must with the bullpen battered by 19 innings in Toronto one day, followed by having to come in after one inning when Justin Verlander left with an injury the next day. Ray will look to improve on allowing four runs on six hits in the 4-2 loss to the Pirates.
Chris Young (11-6, 3.20) shut down the Blue Jays over six innings in his last start on Tuesday, allowing just one run on two hits in the 6-3 Mariners victory. Young has not lost in his last five starts, and has won three of his last four starts. He pitched well in Seattle’s 3-2 victory over Detroit earlier this year at Safeco Field.
Detroit Tigers Lineup
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Ezequiel Carrera-CF
- Miguel Cabrera-DH
- Victor Martinez-1B
- J.D. Martinez-RF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Alex Avila-C
- Andrew Romine-SS
- Rajai Davis-LF
- Justin Verlander – Day-to-Day
- Anibal Sanchez – 15-day DL
- Joakim Soria – 15-day DL
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season