Aug 28, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers starting pitcher K. Lobstein (53) pitches first inning against the New York Yankees at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Detroit Tigers(77-64) vs San Francisco Giants(77-64) – 8:00pm ET
Comerica Park – Detroit, MI
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 72 degrees, clear
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
- Detroit Tigers: Outlook on Jace Jung is a little concerning
Alex Avila returns to the lineup after sitting out three straight games with concussion-like symptoms.
When We Last Met
David Price had a disappointing 4 run first inning, then gave up a solo home run to Buster Posey in the fifth inning and the Tigers’ offense couldn’t recover, even with Miguel Cabrera‘s two home runs and Victor Martinez‘ homer.
Kyle Lobstein(0-0, 3.18 ERA) will be starting his third major league game, and he has been as good as the Tigers could have possibly hoped for. He has gone at least five and a third innings in his first two starts, giving up only six earned runs. He has never faced the San Francisco Giants in his career.
Tim Hudson(9-9, 3.08 ERA) had a rough outing in his last start, going five innings and giving up 6 runs, 5 earned, on 7 hits. He is 9-2 with a 3.07 ERA in 99.2 innings in his career against Detroit.
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Torii Hunter-RF
- Miguel Cabrera–1B
- Victor Martinez-DH
- J.D. Martinez-LF
- Don Kelly-CF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Alex Avila-C
- Andrew Romine-SS
- Anibal Sanchez – 15-day DL
- Joakim Soria – 15-day DL
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season
San Francisco Giants