Detroit Tigers (81-66) vs Cleveland Indians (76-70) — 7:08 p.m. ET
Comerica Park — Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 60 degrees, clear
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
When We Last Met
The Detroit Tigers clinched their sixth straight season of playing .500 or better baseball with a 7-2 win over the Cleveland Indians on Friday night. It’s the franchise’s longest streak of regular season success since 11-straight winning seasons from 1978 to 1988.
David Price was sharp, allowing just one run and J.D. Martinez continued to torment the Tribe, notching his sixth homer and 18th RBI of the season against Cleveland courtesy of a two-run homer and two-run triple.
Kyle Lobstein (1-0, 2.78) has been incredible for the Detroit Tigers, standing up tall while Anibal Sanchez has been down to injury. He picked up his first major league win last Sunday when the Tigers needed him to be a stopper and avoid a home sweep against the Giants. He allowed one run on four hits in 5.2 innings. It should be interested how the rookie fares against Cleveland as he’ll be facing them for the second time in his young career. Will the hitters be able to adjust to him this time around? He limited them to two runs on five hits in 5.1 innings on Sept. 2.
The Tigers could do absolutely zero against Danny Salazar (6-7, 4.19) on Sept. 3. He threw a complete game shutout, striking out nine batters. Salazar followed up the best game of his career with one of his worst outings of the season, allowing six runs on eight hits 4.2 innings in a 12-3 loss to the Angels on Monday.
Detroit Tigers Lineup
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Torii Hunter-RF
- Miguel Cabrera-1B
- Victor Martinez-DH
- J.D. Martinez-LF
- Alex Avila-C
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Andrew Romine-SS
- Rajai Davis-CF
- Phil Coke – Day-to-day
- Anibal Sanchez – 15-day DL
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season
- Nick Swisher – Out for season