Detroit Tigers (86-70) vs Chicago White Sox (72-84) — 7:08 p.m. ET
Comerica Park– Detroit, MI
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 66 degrees, clear
More from Detroit Tigers News
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
Anibal Sanchez will be activated prior to tonight’s game. It is unclear at this time what role he will play in the final six games of the regular season.
Although the Tigers lost yesterday and the Royals won, dropped Detroit’s divisional lead to one game, their magic number fell to six because Kansas City dropped the makeup–uh–inning early in the day.
When We Last Met
Not much good to say about Chicago’s 2-0 shutout victory on Monday night. Kyle Lobstein had a sterling effort wasted as the bats could do nothing.
David Price (14-12, 3.37) received an extra day off when manager Brad Ausmus stacked his rotation for the Kansas City series, pushing Price off from his usual starting day by one. Price is due to be the dominant pitcher we remember from Tampa, right? He has just two wins in nine starts in Detroit and followed the usual script in his last start of recording two outs and then being drilled by a ton of consecutive hits. In all, he allowed five runs on eight hits in 5.2 innings of an 8-4 loss to the Minnesota Twins. He has yet to face the White Sox in a Tigers uniform, but was roughed up in one start against Chicago for Tampa Bay, allowing six runs on 10 hits in five innings of a 9-2 Rays’ loss on April 27.
Scott Carroll (5-10, 5.01) was roughed up in his last start against Detroit, allowing seven runs on 10 hits over five innings of a 7-1 Detroit win on Aug. 29. He has not won in more than a month and allowed 13 runs in going 0-3 since.
Detroit Tigers Lineup
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Torii Hunter-RF
- Miguel Cabrera-1B
- Victor Martinez-DH
- J.D. Martinez-LF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- Alex Avila-C
- Eugenio Suarez-SS
- Rajai Davis-CF
- Luke Putkonen – Out indefinitely
- Andy Dirks – Out indefinitely
- Joel Hanrahan – 60-day DL
- Jose Iglesias – Out for season
- Bruce Rondon – Out for season