Sep 25, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers first basemanMiguel Cabrera
(24) hits a home run in the fourth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Miguel Cabrera seems on track to be back before Opening Day after having surgery this offseason.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
This is, of course, great news for Detroit Tigers’ fans, not only increasing the chances of winning, but just upping the sheer entertainment factor of every game he’s involved in. This is also great news for baseball fans who just simply love to see the guy hit a baseball.
We all know that Miguel Cabrera, affectionately known as “Miggy” (or “Cabby” if you’re so inclined), has become something of rarefied air. The first Triple Crown since 1967, stats nearly identical to Hall-of-Fame legend Hank Aaron, and his jovial personality mixed with competitive fire sets him apart from the pack.
During his career in Detroit, which began in 2008, Miguel has hit some timely, clutch and entertaining home runs.
Click through the slideshow to see videos of his top five home runs as a member of the Detroit Tigers.