May 15, 2013; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit (53) sits in the bullpen against the Houston Astros at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The most maligned unit for the Detroit Tigers during their run of divisional titles since 2011 has often been the bullpen.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
- Detroit Tigers: Outlook on Jace Jung is a little concerning
- The Detroit Tigers’ GM search reeks of incompetence
- Detroit Tigers: 3 things to learn from the Orioles rebuild
The consensus usually is that how the bullpen goes will be how the Detroit Tigers go. While it is true the team has several more issues to deal with this year such as less depth in the starting pitching ranks and health concerns,. Still, the bullpen has the opportunity to either make or break this team.
It broke them in the last two postseasons and Dave Dombrowski pledged to cobble together a better unit in 2015, but there are questions on if this is indeed the case.
So let’s take a trip through the slideshow to see what the five most pressing questions are for the 2015 Detroit Tigers’ bullpen in the final two weeks of Spring Training.