Detroit Tigers 5 Offensive Questions
By Matt Pelc
Sep 14, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Backpack, gloves and bats in the dugout before the game between the Detroit Tigers and the Cleveland Indians at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Throughout Spring Training the focus of many fans Detroit Tigers’ fans had been on the bullpen and the starting pitching problems in Grapefruit League action.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Everyone seemingly figured the offense will be fine because Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez will settle in after missing the first three weeks of March recovering from injuries. Once those two sluggers get right, the rest of the lineup will fall into place.
Funny thing about Spring Training, the bats were largely silent. A lot of that had to do with those two glaring holes in the lineup that we already spoke of, but there does still remain some questions with this lineup.
On the first off-day of the 2015 regular season, let’s take a look at the top five offensive questions for the Detroit Tigers.
Next: Nick Castellanos