Motor City Bengals presents “Tiger Talk” with hosts Matt Pelc and Dave Holcomb. On this week’s show, we recap the first week of the regular season with the Detroit Tigers one of the hottest teams to start the year.
Despite the loss in Pittsburgh on Monday, the offense has begun the year particularly hot, placing first in several offensive categories. First baseman Miguel Cabrera is leading the way, going 13-for-17 with two home runs in the last four games. Pelc and Holcomb share what parts of the offense have been the most impressive in this first week.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
- Detroit Tigers: Outlook on Jace Jung is a little concerning
In the second segment, the show dives into another discuss on closer Joe Nathan. The right-hander landed on the disabled list last week with a Grade 1 flexor strain in his right elbow. Could we have seen the last of Joe Nathan or will manage Brad Ausmus restore him as the team’s closer once healthy?
To conclude, Pelc and Holcomb discuss the red hot Kansas City Royals, who have moved to 7-0 on the season and named two other teams that have exceeded their expectations in the first week of the season.
The Motor City Bengals staff would love to hear feedback on this episode. Tweet your comments @MCB_Tigers or search “Motor City Bengals” on Facebook.