Fantasy Baseball: Five Hottest April Hitters in the AL Central
By Dave Holcomb
Apr 26, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Kansas City Royals third basemanMike Moustakas
(8) is hit by a pitch thrown by Chicago White Sox starting pitcherJohn Danks
(50) during the first inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
It’s hard to believe, but April is already over, and even though the baseball season started a little late this season, hitters are approaching the 100 at-bats mark.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
That means sample sizes are growing large enough to finally start drawing conclusions and making sensible predictions for the remainder of 2015.
The American League Central was expected to be one of the most hotly contested divisions in the league this season and even though the Cleveland Indians and Chicago White Sox are off to slow starts, the division has been very competitive through one month.
Coincidentally, the Indians and White Sox do not have a player on this list, perhaps indicating a reason they could be off to a slow start, but fantasy baseball owners with Royals, Tigers and even some Twins hitters are pleased with the April production.
Here are the five hottest April hitters in the AL Central: