Detroit Tigers draft high school RHP Beau Burrows in MLB Draft first round
During Dave Dombrowski’s tenure with the Detroit Tigers, he has made it the organization’s mindset to draft hard throwing pitchers in the first round of the MLB Draft. This year is no different as the team has selected right-handed high school pitcher Beau Burrows with the 22nd overall pick.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Burrows is 18 years old and just finished his senior year at Weatherford High School in Weatherford, TX. He has committed to playing college ball at Texas A&M so the Tigers will use a nice signing bonus to lure him away from college.
Regularly throwing between 93-95 miles per hour, and can occasionally crank up to 97. Burrows struck out 132 batters and sported a 0.78 ERA in 72 innings in his senior year.
After selecting outfielder Derek Hill as their first round pick, the Tigers have gone back to the usual by drafting a young and powerful arm.
Follow the new addition and welcome to the Detroit Tigers’ organization on Twitter @TheBeauBurrows.
The Tigers are next up on the clock with the 34th overall pick as compensation to losing Max Scherzer to free agency this past off-season.