Jun 14, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers right fielder J.D. Martinez (28) receives congratulations from first baseman Miguel Cabrera (24) after he hits a three run home run in the sixth inning as Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona (17) walks out to relieve relief pitcher Scott Atchison (not pictured) at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Have the Detroit Tigers turned a corner?
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
After losing seven straight and finally snapping that streak late two weeks ago to win a series against the Chicago White Sox, the Tigers split a two-game series with the competitive Chicago Cubs and continued their tormenting of the Cleveland Indians, winning two of three games to improve to 7-2 against the Tribe this season.
Though only playing five games this past week, from June 8 to 14, the Tigers managed a winning week for the first time in a while, finishing at 3-2. The Tigers also seem on the verge of getting injured guys back that will help, after Justin Verlander came back and pitched well on Saturday.
Predictably, we have more heroes than zeroes in this week’s column and we will start with the zeros first.
Click through the slideshow for your Miggy-sized reward on the other end!