Detroit Tigers-Chicago White Sox Saturday game postponed; to be made up in September
By Matt Pelc
The Detroit Tigers and Chicago White Sox game set for this afternoon at Comerica Park has been washed out.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
The game will be made on on Monday, September 21 as part of a day-night doubleheader. It was thought perhaps the teams could make up the game on their mutual off-day this coming Monday, but the Tigers have a function scheduled at Comerica Park for Miguel Cabrera’s charity.
The Tigers will most likely skip Saturday’s starter Kyle Ryan and stick with Sunday’s starter David Price for tomorrow’s game (barring another rainout of course), which will shake up the rotation a bit for the three-game Pirates’ series beginning Tuesday.
No word from the White Sox on whether they will stick with John Danks, scheduled to start on Satuday, or Sunday’s starter Jeff Samardzija.