Jun 28, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers catcher James McCann (right) is congratulated by teammates after he hits a game winning home run in the ninth inning against the Chicago White Sox at Comerica Park. Detroit won 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
You really do not need us to tell you that the Detroit Tigers have horribly underachieved through the first-half of the 2015 season. With underacheiving comes disappointment, but it has not been all disappointment this season.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Several Tigers are having excellent seasons and there are several candidates for team MVP, if not league MVP. This means that the team is not completely devoid of hope in the second half.
If they can finally get on a hot streak and roll through the second half to make up the nine-game divisional deficit (not unheard of if you remember 2009 Minnesota Twins, sorry for that memory) and a more modest 3.5-game deficit in the wild-card, it will probably be because of these five players that have had tremendous seasons to date.
So without further ado, the five best players for YOUR Detroit Tigers in the season’s first half…