Detroit Tigers (46-47) vs Seattle Mariners (43-51) — 7:08 PM ET
Comerica Park — Detroit, MI
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 76 degrees, mostly cloudy
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
When We Last Met
The first two games of this four-game set have both been dramatic. Each game has featured an eighth-inning comeback, one from the Tigers and one from the Mariners.
In five games against the Mariners this season, Detroit has 14 home runs. They will be looking to add to that on Wednesday as the Tigers try to climb back to .500.
Since June 9, the Tigers are 7-0 in Sanchez’s starts, and he has won six of those games. In those seven outings, the right-hander has a 2.86 ERA and .201 batting average against.
The Mariners will send left-hander Mike Montgomery to the mound. He is 4-3 with a 2.51 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 43 strikeouts in 61 innings this season. Montgomery did not start against the Tigers back in Seattle two weeks ago, but Seattle has lost his last two starts.
Montgomery has allowed eight runs on 15 hits in his last 11 frames.
Detroit Tigers Lineup