Jul 5, 2015; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Royals pitcher Wade Davis (17) delivers a pitch against the Minnesota Twins during the eighth inning at Kauffman Stadium. The Royals won 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Peter G. Aiken-USA TODAY Sports
It’s hard to believe, but the second half of the season is well over a month old. That means most of the best relief pitchers in baseball have made at least 10 appearances in the second half.
Although that isn’t a huge sample size, it is enough to compose a list of hottest relief pitchers in the AL Central.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
One would think this list would be full of big names like Greg Holland, Glen Perkins, Wade Davis and maybe even Joakim Soria if one decided to include his work before the deadline. Just one of those names, however, is on our list.
Here are the top five hottest relief pitchers in the American League Central since the All-Star break: