Detroit Tigers at Chicago Cubs Game 119 Preview, TV, Lineup
Detroit Tigers (57-61) at Chicago Cubs (67-50) — 8:00 PM ET
Wrigley Field — Chicago, IL
TV: FSD and ESPN
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (click for affiliates)
Weather: 72 degrees, mostly cloudy
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
When We Last Met
Who would have guessed before the season that when the Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs would meet in the middle of August that it would actually be the Cubs nearly 20 games above .500. Even two months ago when the Tigers and Cubs met in Detroit, that didn’t seem likely.
But as the Tigers proved on Tuesday, anyone can still win on any give day in baseball. The Tigers edged the Cubs at a rain-soaked Wrigley Field, 10-8. Detroit leads the season series, 2-1.
Left-hander Daniel Norris will make his fourth start with the Tigers on Wednesday. He is 1-1 and has allowed nine runs in 17 innings with Detroit. Overall, Norris is 2-2 with a 4.24 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 28 strikeouts in 40 1/3 innings this season.
The Cubs will also send a lefty to the mound in 31-year-old Jon Lester. Surprisingly, Lester is just 8-8 this season, but he does have a 3.21 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 149 strikeouts in 145 2/3 innings. Lester, however, is horrible at pickoff throws to first base and holding runners on, so perhaps the Tigers can steal some bases on Wednesday.
Detroit Tigers Lineup
- Rajai Davis-LF
- Ian Kinsler-2B
- Miguel Cabrera-1B
- J.D. Martinez-RF
- Nick Castellanos-3B
- James McCann-C
- Jose Iglesias-SS
- Anthony Gose-CF
- Daniel Norris-P
- Kyle Lobstein — 60-day DL
- Joe Nathan – Out for the Season