Detroit Tigers baseball is back on Sunday. The team continues the 2017 regular season as the Tigers take on Boston in Detroit’s first home stand of the season. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players are coming off the team’s second straight win of the season on Saturday.
The team utilized a strong start from Jordan Zimmermann–six innings pitched, four hits, one walk and one run allowed— to help keep Boston in check.
Offensively, the middle of Detroit’s lineup struggled.
It was the bottom of the order that propelled the Tigers.
James McCann registered a walk, as well as smacking a solo home run in the fifth to give Detroit the lead.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
The Lineup for Sunday
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Sunday afternoon? According to a tweet from Detroit’s official Twitter account on Sunday, we know what the team’s batting order will look like against Boston.
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Nick Castellanos, Third Base
- Miguel Cabrera, First Base
- Victor Martinez, Designated Hitter
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Tyler Collins, Right Field
- Alex Avila, Catcher
- Andrew Romine, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game against the Boston Red Sox? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, keep an eye on our Twitter handle, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates throughout the course of the game.