Detroit Tigers baseball is back on Friday. The team continues the 2017 regular season at home against the Texas Rangers. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players will look to build momentum on Friday against the Texas Rangers.
The Tigers continue a home stand against the American League West franchise having just taken two of three from the Baltimore Orioles.
Eight different Tigers reached base as the team notched a 6-5 win over the O’s.
J.D. Martinez led the way with a three-run home run. He also added three walks to pace the team.
On the pitching side of things, Jordan Zimmermann earned the win, holding Baltimore to seven hits, four runs and a walk in six innings.
He did allow two home runs, but also punched out six on the day.
The Tigers will look to notch another win as the team hosts the Texas Rangers.
The Lineup for Friday
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Friday? According to a tweet from Detroit’s official Twitter account, we know what the team’s batting order will look like against Texas.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Tyler Collins, Right Field
- J.D. Martinez, Designated Hitter
- Alex Avila, Catcher
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Nicholas Castellanos, Third Base
- James McCann, Catcher
- Andrew Romine, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game against the Texas Rangers? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, keep an eye on our Twitter handle, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates throughout the course of the game.