The MLB All-Star Game makes its return on Tuesday night. Here is all the information you need to know to watch the 2017 midsummer classic.
MLB All-Star Game viewers will see a game with only two current Detroit Tigers players on the field.
Fulmer and Upton have been excellent for Detroit this season.
The starter paces all Tigers players in WAR with a 3.1 number. He’s amassed 15 quality starts to go along with a 3.19 ERA, a 3.26 FIP and a 49.3 ground ball percentage in 115.2 frames.
Fulmer also owns a strikeout percentage of 18 to go along with 6.54 punch outs per nine innings.
What’s more, the reigning American League Rookie of the Year has been excellent in limiting mistakes, with a 1.12 WHIP, a 5.6 walk percentage, 2.02 walks per nine innings and a miniscule 0.54 home runs allowed per nine frames.
Fulmer won’t pitch in the game considering he threw on Sunday in Cleveland, but expect Justin Upton to see time.
Another one of Detroit’s leaders in WAR, the slugger leads Tigers position players in WAR with a 2.3 stat. He’s also turned in strong numbers across the board with a 122 wRC+, a .350 on-base percentage, a .491 slugging percentage, a .357 wOBA and a .227 ISO.
He’s also chipped in with 54 RBI, 51 runs scored, 36 walks, 21 doubles, 15 home runs and six stolen bases.
Upton has also been clutch with runners in scoring position. In 90 plate appearances, the outfielder has collected 41 RBI, 28 hits, 14 walks, five home runs and five doubles. That spits out to a .368 batting average, a .467 on-base percentage, a .632 slugging percentage and a 1.098 OPS.
Given the nature of the All-Star game, Upton will figure to see plenty of playing time despite not being a starter.
Speaking of starters, per a tweet from Major League Baseball’s official Twitter account, here are the starting lineup for the MLB All-Star Game for each league.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Jose Altuve, Houston Astros second baseman
- Jose Ramirez, Cleveland third baseman
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees right fielder
- George Springer, Houston Astros left fielder
- Carlos Correa, Houston Astros shortstop
- Justin Smoak, Toronto Blue Jays first baseman
- Corey Dickerson, Tampa Bay Rays designated hitter
- Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals catcher
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox center fielder
- Charlie Blackmon, Colorado Rockies center fielder
- Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins designated hitter
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals right fielder
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants catcher
- Daniel Murphy, Washington Nationals second baseman
- Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies third baseman
- Ryan Zimmermann, Washington Nationals first baseman
- Marcell Ozuna, Miami Marlins left fielder
- Zack Cozart, Cincinnati Reds shortstop
In addition to Scherzer, there are a total of five former Detroit Tigers players at the 2017 MLB All-Star Game. Relief pitcher Andrew Miller and outfielder Avisail Garcia join Fulmer and Upton on the American Team, while Robbie Ray and Corey Knebel are Scherzer’s teammates on the National League squad.
Start Time: 8:00 P.M. Eastern time
Location: Miami, Florida
Arena: Marlins Park
Live Stream: Stream 1
TV Info: Fox
Be sure to tune in on Fox for the game, which promises to be another entertaining midsummer classic.