Detroit Tigers baseball returns on Thursday as the team continues the 2017 regular season at home against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players will look for another win on Thursday when the team matches up with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Earlier in the week, the Tigers lost two games in Pittsburgh against the National League Central franchise, but rebounded in a significant way on Wednesday.
The Tigers had the offense and the pitching working in tandem as they beat the Pirates handily by a 10-0 score line.
Kinsler collected four RBI, four runs scored, three hits and a walk in four at-bats. He took Pittsburgh starter Ivan Nova deep in the second for his 11th long ball of the year.
Meanwhile, Castellanos plated five runs on three hits in five at-bats. He too registered an extra-base hit off Nova with a bases-loaded triple in the seventh.
Additionally, catcher John Hicks came around to score a pair of runs.
On the pitching side of things, Justin Verlander was dominant, allowing just three hits and a walk in eight strong innings.
The ace kept the Pirates scoreless on the day while striking out six. He didn’t allow a hit until the top of the sixth inning.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Prospect Colt Keith is making up for lost time in AFL
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Thursday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what the team’s batting order will look like against Pittsburgh.
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Mikie Mahtook, Center Field
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Miguel Cabrera, First Base
- Nicholas Castellanos, Third Base
- Victor Martinez, Designated Hitter
- James McCann, Catcher
- Andrew Romine, Right Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, follow us on Twitter, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates during game.