Detroit Tigers baseball returns on Friday as the team continues the 2017 regular season at home against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players will once again look to rebound on Saturday. The Tigers previously lost the first game of the team’s three-game series with the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday.
It was Detroit’s fifth loss in a row.
While it was a loss all the same, the Tigers did show some encouraging signs.
Meanwhile, the Tigers put pressure on the Dodgers’ vaunted bullpen after managing six hits, three walks and three runs against starter Rich Hill.
Upton crushed his second home run of the game in the bottom of the ninth before Cabrera and Nicholas Castellanos singled to bring the tying run to the plate.
Martinez and McCann couldn’t get the job done, but it was encouraging to see the Tigers show well against a reliever who has allowed just 33 hits, eight earned runs, five walks and four home runs in 53.1 innings this season.
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Saturday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what the Tigers batting order will look like against Los Angeles.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Mikie Mahtook, Right Field
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Miguel Cabrera, First Base
- Nicholas Castellanos, Third Base
- Victor Martinez, Designated Hitter
- James McCann, Catcher
- JaCoby Jones, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, follow us on Twitter, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates during game.