Detroit Tigers baseball returns on Friday as the team kicks off a road trip against the Chicago White Sox. Here’s what you need to know to watch the game.
Detroit Tigers players will look to build a modest, two-game winning streak when the team travels to Chicago to take on the White Sox.
The Tigers are coming off an eventful 10-6 victory over the New York Yankees on Thursday afternoon, which included eight ejections and three benches-clearing situations.
In the midst it all, the Tigers came away with a series-salvaging victory.
The outfielder also robbed a home run from New York’s Aaron Hicks with a leaping grab in the top of the seventh.
Meanwhile, JaCoby Jones turned in arguably his best game of the season with two hits, two RBI, a walk, a stolen base and a run scored in four at-bats.
On the pitching side, starter Michael Fulmer allowed five hits, five runs (four earned), three walks and a home run in six innings. He struck out three.
Due to the ejections, Greene worked the final five outs of the contest, striking out two hitters int eh process.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Friday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what the Tigers’ batting order will look like against Chicago.
Friday’s game also marks the beginning of Players’ Weekend, where the players get to put nicknames on the backs of their respective jerseys.
- Bootsie (Ian Kinsler), Second Base
- Pres (Alex Presley), Right Field
- J-Up (Justin Upton), Left Field
- Miggy (Miguel Cabrera), First Base
- Nick (Nicholas Castellanos), Third Base
- Papicho (Victor Martinez), Designated Hitter
- McCannon (James McCann), Catcher
- Robomb (Andrew Romine), Center Field
- Candelita (Jose Iglesias), Shortstop
So where can you catch tonight’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, follow us on Twitter, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates during game.