Detroit Tigers baseball is back Monday as the team continues the 2017 regular season at home against the Oakland Athletics. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players will look to keep the positive momentum going on Monday as they take on the Oakland Athletics.
On Sunday, Detroit starter Matthew Boyd came within one out of throwing his first career perfect game.
The southpaw allowed a double to Chicago shortstop Tim Anderson with two outs in the ninth before rebounding to record the final out.
Boyd gave up just one walk to go along with the one hit while striking out five. To date, it was Boyd’s best outing in the Majors.
Not only did the hurler dominate Chicago’s lineup, but Tigers hitters backed up Boyd to the tune of 13 hits, 12 runs scored, 11 RBI and five walks.
Jeimer Candelario also turned in his best outing to date in a Detroit uniform.
The third baseman collected four RBI, three hits and three runs scored.
Candelario also added a home run off ex-Tiger Mike Pelfrey, while showing his penchant for drawing walks with a pair of free passes.
What’s more, Castellanos and left fielder Mikie Mahtook joined Candelario in terms of Tigers players with home runs on Sunday.
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Monday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what Detroit’s batting order will look like against Oakland.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Prospect Colt Keith is making up for lost time in AFL
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Jeimer Candelario, Third Base
- Miguel Cabrera, Designated Hitter
- Nicholas Castellanos, Right Field
- Efren Navarro, First Base
- James McCann, Catcher
- Mikie Mahtook, Left Field
- JaCoby Jones, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.