Detroit Tigers baseball is back on Tuesday as the team continues the 2017 regular season at home against the Oakland A’s. Here’s what you need to know to watch the game.
Detroit Tigers players will look to rebound Tuesday following a series-opening loss to the Oakland Athletics.
The A’s jumped out to an early 5-0 lead after three innings and didn’t look back from there, taking the contest by an 8-3 score line.
Buck Farmer got the start for Detroit, but lasted just 2.2 frames. He allowed 6 hits, five runs (four earned) and a home run on 60 pitches.
Artie Lewicki relieved the starter and gave up a trio of hits, three walks and two earned runs in 2.1 innings.
Jeff Ferrell also allowed a run on the day.
Offensively, right fielder Nicholas Castellanos led the way for the Tigers with three hits in four plate appearances.
He’s now hitting .270 with a .320 on-base percentage and a .485 slugging percentage on the season.
Kinsler launched a solo home run off Oakland reliever Santiago Casilla in the seventh, while Mahtook walked and scored a run.
Center fielder JaCoby Jones also added an RBI double and a stolen base in four plate appearances.
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Tuesday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what Detroit’s batting order will look like against the A’s.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Alex Presley, Left Field
- Miguel Cabrera, Designated Hitter
- Nicholas Castellanos, Right Field
- Jeimer Candelario, Third Base
- Efren Navarro, First Base
- James McCann, Catcher
- Tyler Collins, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.