Detroit Tigers baseball is back. The team wraps up a three-game series in Kansas City on Thursday night with a contest against the Royals. Here’s everything you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players will look to rebound Thursday against the Royals with the regular season winding down.
The Tigers lost another game Wednesday, dropping their contest in Kansas City by a 7-4 score line.
Despite 10 hits and four walks, Detroit was only able to push across four runs against Jason Hammel and four Royals’ relievers.
The middle of the lineup was particularly effective for Brad Ausmus’ team. Right fielder Nicholas Castellanos and third baseman Jeimer Candelario combined to go four-for-nine with three RBI, a walk and a run scored.
On the pitching side of things, Jordan Zimmermann allowed just four hits, two runs and a walk in six innings. He struck out three on 84 pitches.
After Zimmermann however, the bullpen faltered.
Daniel Stumpf surrendered a hit and a run while recording just two outs.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Prospect Colt Keith is making up for lost time in AFL
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Thursday?
According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what Detroit’s batting order will look like against the Royals.
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
- Dixon Machado, Second Base
- Nicholas Castellanos, Right Field
- James McCann, Designated Hitter
- John Hicks, First Base
- Bryan Holaday, Catcher
- Andrew Romine, Third Base
- Alex Presley, Left Field
- JaCoby Jones, Center Field
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game, and when will all of the action go down? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.