Tigers top Jays 1-0: The LateNight Recap
By Editorial Staff
For a second straight day the Tigers held the Blue Jays scoreless. To bad these games don’t count because I sure have enjoyed these first few blowouts.
The box-score is linked above, so I’ll stay away from regurgitating the stats.
John Hancock Award of the Day:
Both Al Kaline and GM Dave Dombrowski were kind enough to sign autographs for the masses today.
Al Kaline was honored before the game for being practically perfect in every way. He threw out the games first pitch.
If there were an award for the most awesome stripped shirt, I would have to say DD won that hands down…again.
VIDEOS OF THE DAY:
- Jose Valverde pitches for the first time this spring. Props to Papa Grande for giving me a high-five after his solid inning of work.
- Brad Penny made his first appearance as a Detroit Tiger today. Watch here!
- Joel Zumaya returned today. He pitched and he is still healthy, end of sentence. There was no radar gun at the stadium so I can’t tell you what his velocity looked like. I am pulling for Zoom-Zoom. Hopefully, Leyland realizes that pitching Zumaya in multiple innings is not a good idea…FINALLY.
- Fu-Te Ni struck out two and looked very good in his first inning of the spring. Kurt Mensching at BYB brings up a good point that IF Ni continues to dominate he may find himself on the opening day roster, regardless of not being on the 40 man roster right now.
- Audy Ciriaco made a couple good defensive plays today. Andy Dirks made a great running catch today. Will Rhymes made an OUTSTANDING catch today! Behind the pitching today was some amazing defense. Bottle it up and take it up north with you guys!
I’ll be back in Lakeland on Wednesday as the Tigers battle the Astros of Houston.
-stay classy Tigers fans
Like what you see here and want to stay informed on the happenings at MCB? Make sure to follow me on twitter or grab our RSS feed.