I think we have all had our share of gripes about Jackson, but his exit offered a sad bit of finality. Detroit fans acted great and saluted one of the major core players during their AL Central championship run.
It is not a moment that many fans will soon forget.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
But onward and upward. The Tigers need to plug some holes that have been created by Price coming here, Jackson going to Seattle, and Drew Smyly heading to Tampa.
In the moments following the Tigers’ 7-4 drubbing at the hands of the Chicago White Sox, to lose the series, the team began making corresponding moves.
Ezequiel Carrera has been pushing for another chance in the majors, hitting .307 with an .809 OPS in 97 games Toledo, but was unable to break through the outfield log jam of Torii Hunter, Rajai Davis, J.D. Martinez, and Jackson. Carrera has 131 big league games under his belt with stints in Philadelphia and Cleveland.
Pat McCoy was very good before going onto the DL a few weeks back, posting a 1.80 ERA in five games. Krol, on the other hand, has been terrible before and after his DL stint and will go back to the Mud Hens and try to work through his issues.