In Wednesday night’s 5-1 loss to the New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers’ superstar Miguel Cabrera advanced to third base on a pair of Stephen Drew errors. Cabrera made it in safely, but seemed to injure himself.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
- Detroit Tigers: Riley Greene continues to impress with his performance
- Detroit Tigers: Outlook on Jace Jung is a little concerning
- The Detroit Tigers’ GM search reeks of incompetence
- Detroit Tigers: 3 things to learn from the Orioles rebuild
Tigers’ trainer Kevin Rand came out and took a look, but Miggy stayed in the game and was pronounced “fine” by manager Brad Ausmus.
He is not in today’s lineup for the series finale at Yankee Stadium. Instead, Don Kelly will play at first base and Ian Kinsler will slide into Cabrera’s customary third spot in the lineup. See the full lineup here.
It has not yet been announced by the team whether Miggy’s absence is a regular day off, a precaution, or something worse.
UPDATE: Standard day off…
Cabrera is the third regular out of the lineup this afternoon. Torii Hunter and Eugenio Suarez each remain out of the lineup and are day-to-day after suffering injuries in the first and second games of the series respectively.
Miggy, Torii and, to a lesser extent, Suarez out of the lineup, which has struggled since the All-Star break, may poise a very challenging proposition for the Tigers achieving their goal of winning today and splitting the four-game series with the Yankees.