5 Detroit Tigers That Could Surprise in 2015
Oct 5, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; General view of Comerica Park before the game of the Detroit Tigers against the Baltimore Orioles during game three of the 2014 ALDS baseball playoff game at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
A year ago the Detroit Tigers had a few players that were pleasant surprises.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
J.D. Martinez of course springs to mind and even players that were slightly off the radar, such as Rajai Davis and Al Alburquerque had better than expected campaigns.
Like all teams do, the Tigers will rely on many of their big guns and well-known players to try to get them to a fifth-straight postseason, but players such as Miguel Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Justin Verlander, David Price and Anibal Sanchez cannot do it alone.
It will be the supporting cast that will make or break the Detroit Tigers this coming season, so let’s take a trip through the slide show to look at five players that could surprise in the 2015 season.