Detroit Tigers: Five Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire Pickups from AL Central
By Dave Holcomb
Jul 30, 2015; Baltimore, MD, USA; Detroit Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias (1) singles during the sixth inning against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
SS Jose Iglesias, Detroit Tigers
The Tigers shortstop is having a fantastic season and with the recent trade of left fielder Yoenis Cespedes, he will have a real chance in the last two months to accumulate some counting stats.
Iglesias is batting .314/.356/.396 with 20 extra-base hits, 21 RBI, 34 runs and 10 stolen bases in 331 at-bats this season. He leads all American League shortstops in batting average and on-base percentage.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Since July 19, Iglesias has been stellar, going 23-for-70 (.329) with eight extra-base hits and 13 runs.
He has a great chance to keep scoring those runs now hitting second in the lineup. Designated hitter Victor Martinez and right fielder J.D. Martinez are batting right behind Iglesias, and first baseman Miguel Cabrera will as well when he eventually returns.
Iglesias has scored three runs in five games since the Cespedes trade. The shortstop should be in fantasy baseball lineups the rest of the season.