Detroit Tigers: Four Gold Glove Finalists
Gold Glove Catching Finalists
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Finally, we get to the catcher position. James McCann is facing the tough competition of Salvador Perez and Carlos Perez. Coming off of his World Series MVP award, Salvy put up more fantastic numbers. He led the AL in caught stealing percentage with 48% and his dWAR was 2.0 and he had four errors. Carlos Perez, like McCann, is also on his second full season. His numbers were good, but not as good as Salvy’s. Carlos Perez had a caught stealing percentage of 38% and his dWAR was 1.3. He had three errors. McCann had a dWAR of 1.6, a caught-stealing percentage of 45% (second in the AL) and he committed four errors. If the voters use the numbers, it is clear that Salvador Perez will take home this award.
Next: Tigers Infield Present & Future
Even though only one of the nominated Tigers players will take home a Gold Glove, it is nice to see four of the top Tigers getting recognized for their quality performances on defense.