Detroit Tigers baseball is back on Saturday. The team continues the 2017 regular season as the Tigers take on the Red Sox in Detroit’s first home stand of the season. Here’s what you need to know to watch.
Detroit Tigers players staged an excellent comeback on Friday afternoon.
The Tigers had initially jumped out to a 4-0 lead over the Boston Red Sox in the first game of the season at Comerica Park.
Victor Martinez drew a walk, and was taken out for pinch runner Andrew Romine.
The former first-round pick of the Rays smacked a double into left field, scoring Romine to tie the game.
Upton took third base on the play and would end up scoring the winning run later in the inning as JaCoby Jones drew a bases-loaded walk on a full count.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Saturday afternoon? According to a tweet form Detroit’s official Twitter account on Saturday, we know what the team’s batting order will look like against Boston.
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Nick Castellanos, Third Base
- Miguel Cabrera, First Base
- Victor Martinez, Designated Hitter
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Mikie Mahtook, Right Field
- James McCann, Catcher
- JaCoby Jones, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
So where can you catch today’s Detroit Tigers game against the Boston Red Sox? We have all the information you need to know right here so you don’t miss a second of the action.
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, keep an eye on our Twitter handle, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates throughout the course of the game.