Detroit Tigers baseball returns on Friday. The team continues the 2017 regular season at home against Cleveland. Here’s what you need to know to watch the game.
Detroit Tigers players will look to continue the team’s recent run of good form on Friday when they begin a series against Cleveland.
The Tigers have rebounded from an eight-game losing streak to win three of four, including a series victory over Kansas City mid-week.
Thursday saw the team clinch the series win with a 7-3 triumph to close things out.
Upton and Kinsler were two of three Tigers, Andrew Romine being the other, to go yard for Detroit.
J.D. Martinez also picked up an RBI for an offense that totaled nine hits, seven RBI, seven runs scored and four walks.
On the pitching side, Michael Fulmer was dominant.
The starter entered the ninth with a chance at a complete game shutout in less than 100 pitches, but coughed up two singles and a double before Eric Hosmer reached base on an error.
Detroit will now play four games against a Cleveland team in first place in the division.
The Tigers have an excellent opportunity to make up some serious ground in the American League Central standings with a positive series.
So far this season, Upton and company have played Cleveland in two separate series, taking two of three games each time.
More from Detroit Tigers News
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
So how will the Detroit Tigers line up on Friday? According to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account, we know what the team’s batting order will look like against Kansas City.
- Ian Kinsler, Second Base
- Alex Avila, Catcher
- Justin Upton, Left Field
- Miguel Cabrera, First base
- J.D. Martinez, Right Field
- Victor Martinez, Designated Hitter
- Nicholas Castellanos, Third Base
- Mikie Mahtook, Center Field
- Jose Iglesias, Shortstop
If you can’t make it to the game, or aren’t able to follow along on television or radio, keep an eye on our Twitter handle, @MCB_Tigers, as we provide commentary and updates during game.