White Sox 6, Tigers 4 (box)
- Andy Oliver: Yeesh. The dude couldn’t throw strikes, ending up with 5 walks in 3.2 innings. He seemed to be magically avoiding damage until Carlos Quentin took him deep for a three run homer with two out in the fourth. He just couldn’t locate the fastball, and he seemed to leave the breaking pitches up in the strike zone too much. His next start will be in Toledo; Phil Coke will rejoin the rotation next week.
- Tigers pitching gave up seven walks and three home runs. They’re lucky that the Sox only hung six runs on them.
- The 3-6 spots in the Tigers lineup (Boesch, Cabrera, Martinez, and Peralta) all had at least two hits (9 hits combined), but none of those hits drove in any runs. I’m not sure they could do that again if they tried.
- Enrique Gonzalez? No thanks.
- The Indians also lost, so the Tigers won’t fall in the standings. They remain 4.5 back of the Tribe.