May 30, 2014; Toledo, OH, USA; Detroit Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski in the stands against the Charlotte Knights at Fifth Third Field. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
The Detroit Tigers are struggling. There’s no other way to put it. Nor is there a way to look the other way and ignore it.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
- Detroit Tigers: Joe Jiménez has rebounded in 2022
- Detroit Tigers: Is it finally time to move the fences in at Comerica Park?
Just a few short months ago the team looked like they were on their way to a glorious season filled with incredible feats and endless victories.
Now the calendar says July and things aren’t going so well. The Kansas City Royals and Minnesota Twins continue to best Detroit in the AL Central standings and the suffering just doesn’t seem to ever end.
That means it time Dave Dombrowski and Mike Illitch set up a couple of lawn chairs and have a garage sale. The Tigers have quality merchandise aplenty heading into the deadline and some of the team’s premiere talent could be used as intriguing trade bait.
Let’s take a look at the most interesting/trade-able players Detroit has…