Jun 28, 2015; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Tigers catcher James McCann (right) is congratulated by teammates after he hits a game winning home run in the ninth inning against the Chicago White Sox at Comerica Park. Detroit won 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The Detroit Tigers had a very solid week at the ballpark in the just concluded week of June 22 through 28.
More from Motor City Bengals
- Detroit Tigers: Mickey Lolich and Bill Freehan’s First Gem
- Detroit Tigers: Prospect Colt Keith is making up for lost time in AFL
- Detroit Tigers: Victor Reyes finding ways to get the job done
- The Detroit Tigers must cut their losses and release Jonathan Schoop
- Detroit Tigers: Garrett Hill’s new role and changed delivery are excellent
They won four of the six games played (with one contest washed out on Saturday) against the Cleveland Indians and Chicago White Sox.
If the Tigers could only play fellow AL Central teams the rest of the season, particularly Cleveland. Though they failed to sweep on Wednesday afternoon, they are still 9-3 against the Indians this season. They also won their second straight series from the Chicago White Sox over the weekend to move to 26-14 within their own division, the best record in that category in the majors.
Sadly for Detroit, just one of the next 10 series, July 9-12 at Minnesota, is against non-division rivals. They are 13-22 against all non-AL Central teams.
Nonetheless we did have some solid performances last week to go along with more bad news from a really bad bullpen option.
So without further ado, let’s spin through the slide show.
Next: Joba Chamberpot